Troy H. Myers, Jr.
Shareholder | At Icard Merrill Since 1979
T (941) 366-8100
T (941) 953-8110 Direct
F (941) 366-5263
Since joining the firm in 1979, Troy H. Myers, Jr. has concentrated his practice on matters relating to immigration law, federal and state income and estate tax, business law, offshore organizations, foreign and domestic asset preservation and protection, complex equitable distribution issues in domestic relations cases, and estate planning.
Over the last 20 years, a substantial part of Mr. Myers’ practice has involved asset protection and preservation planning for both United States and foreign citizens and residents. He actively assists clients with federal reporting and compliance requirements for offshore assets, companies, and trusts. Mr. Myers also represents foreign persons purchasing and selling real estate in Florida and assists with compliance of applicable state and federal laws.
Mr. Myers’ extensive knowledge of business, tax, and estate planning techniques is invaluable when representing clients in complex dissolution cases in reaching a fair and practical settlement or during litigation proceedings where his logical presentation and explanation of complex asset situations enables the court to properly and equitably adjudicate equitable division issues.
Representation of businesses and business owners is a further component of Mr. Myers’ accomplished practice. He provides counsel in the formation and structuring of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, and general and limited partnerships.
In 2000, Mr. Myers became head of Icard Merrill’s immigration department. As a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and a frequent participate in immigration seminars, Mr. Myers has achieved advanced knowledge of all areas of immigration law.
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (J.D., 1974), Member Honoris Curis, (honors graduate)
Member, Executive Editor, and Associate Editor, Cumberland Law Review
- University of Florida College of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 1979)
- Texas A & M University (B.A., 1967)
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. Tax Court
Background and Experience
- Head of Icard Merrill’s Immigration Department (2000 to present)
- U.S. Air Force (1967 to 1971); Captain
- Recognized by the Twelfth Judicial Circuit for more than 100 annual hours of pro bono legal services (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Pro Bono Excellence Award, Legal Aid of Manasota (in Recognition of Dedication and Commitment to Providing Pro Bono Legal Services in the Twelfth Judicial Circuit) (2011)
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award (in Recognition of Professional Leadership by Personal Commitment to Providing Legal Services to the Poor) (2011)
- The Florida Bar: Member; Elder Law Section; Family Law Section; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Tax Section
- American Bar Association: Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association: Member
- Twelfth Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee: Appointed Member (2008 to present); Chair (2011 to present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association: Member (2001 to present)
Publications and Presentations
- Since 2001, Mr. Myers participates regularly in immigration seminars.
Mr. Myers is active in supporting the Florida Bar and Icard Merrill’s pro bono program, participating in representing the poor in foreclosure actions, domestic relations litigation, and immigration cases before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and in Immigration Court.