Robert Young concentrates his practice in the area of marital and family law, representing clients in actions involving dissolution of marriage, equitable distribution of assets and liabilities, child custody and visitation, child support, alimony, paternity, prenuptial agreements, and domestic violence.
Prior to joining Icard Merrill, Mr. Young volunteered as a pro bono attorney at Legal Aid of Manasota, Inc., assisting underprivileged clients with various legal issues including dissolution of marriage, child custody and visitation, and paternity actions.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., 2013) Teaching Assistant in Legal Writing; Asian-American Law Student Association, Event Coordinator; Sports & Entertainment Law Society, Member
- University of Miami (B.A., History and Political Science 2009)
Background and Experience
- Legal Aid of Manasota: Pro Bono Attorney (October 2013 to January 2014); Law Clerk (August 2013 to October 2013)
- Law Clerk to Attorney General for the State of Illinois, East Central Illinois Regional Office (May 2012 to December 2012)
- The Florida Bar: Member; Family Law Section
- Sarasota County Bar Association: Member; Young Lawyers Division