Jaime Wallace practices exclusively in the area of family law, which includes handling a wide range of divorce cases, post-divorce matters, preparation of marital agreements, paternity matters, and custody cases.
Ms. Wallace supports her clients in remaining realistic throughout what is often a traumatic and life-altering experience in their lives. She wants her clients to be left with the knowledge and belief that their interests are intelligently and vigorously represented to get them the best possible results. Ms. Wallace also wants her clients to understand the process that they are in and be informed enough to make their choices in that process.
Ms. Wallace prides herself on always maintaining a professional manner and on past accomplishments in the courtroom.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., 1983), Honors
Member (1981 to 1983), Articles and Notes Editor (1982), Florida State University Law Review
- University of Florida (B.A., 1975)
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Background and Experience
- Icard Merrill Shareholder since 2006
- Icard Merrill Associate (1985 to 1990)
- Law Clerk to Florida Supreme Court Justice James C. Adkins (1983 to 1984)
- The Florida Bar: Member; Family Law Section
- American Bar Association: Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association: Member
- Inns of Court: Member
- American Association for Justice (f/k/a Association of Trial Lawyers of America): Member
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2012 - present)
Publications and Presentations
- Constitutional Law-Freedom of Speech-Continued Erosion of a Fundamental Right, 9 FLA. ST.U. L.REV.
- For many years, Ms. Wallace has devoted her time to Girls Incorporated, at both the local and national levels.