Zoning, Planning, and Development
At Icard Merrill, our highly respected land use attorneys have extensive experience and an enhanced understanding of planning, zoning, and development law, representing both public and private sector clients throughout the state of Florida. We have represented more than 50 public sector clients in 10 different states as special or general counsel on land use and governmental matters – ranging from the development of impact fee ordinances to drafting land development regulations or comprehensive plans.
Icard Merrill’s public planning projects have received awards from the Florida and Colorado Chapters of the American Planning Association as well as a national award and recognition from the American Planning Association. And, for private sector clients, our land use and zoning department provides assistance with property development matters at all stages of the planning and development process.
Icard Merrill’s land use attorneys are experienced in a comprehensive range of land use matters, including:
- Appeals of Administrative and Governmental Land Use Decisions
- Complex Development of Regional Impact Approvals
- Comprehensive Land Use and Zoning Plan Amendments
- Concurrency Issues
- Defense of Zoning Code or Other Code Enforcement Actions
- Developments of Regional Impact
- Establishment of Community Development Districts
- Filings and Advocacy at all Levels of Land Use and Planning Process
- Historic Preservation Approvals
- Impact Fees
- Permitting and Variance Requests
- Pre-Purchase Due Diligence
- Property Zoning and Re-zoning Requests and Hearings
- Special Use or Exceptions
Our zoning, planning, and development law group’s constant communication during these procedures with clients and other professionals – such as surveyors, engineers, or contractors – allows a regular assessment of project status, as well as identification of opportunities to enhance the project goals.
The accomplished zoning and planning attorneys at Icard Merrill possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the transaction side of real estate development as well, giving our clients a critical edge in designing practical and sophisticated land use controls that encourage creative, high quality development consistent with regulatory objectives and community vision.
Contact us to speak with a highly skilled Icard Merrill land use and zoning attorney.